ECO Science Foundation Strengthening Ties with Academy of Sciences- Republic of Tajikistan
President ECOSF called upon the President Academy of Sciences Tajikistan on 19th September 2016, during his recent visit to Dushanbe. H.E.Mr. Farhod Rahimi warmly welcomed Dr. Soomro. Mutual collaborative activities were highlighted during the meeting with a particular reference to Engineering Qualification Standardization Meeting that will be held in Dushanbe in collaboration of PEC, UNESCO and ECOSF. President of ASRT, enthusiastically agreed and arranged meeting of Prof. Soomro with Rector National Technical University (NTU) which is a mother university of all engineering institutions in the country.
Following decisions were mutually made during the meeting:
- The academy and NTU agreed to mutually co-host the activity. They will manage the venue, all arrangements for Tajik participants including accommodation and meals, etc as well local transportation for all the participants (National and International).
- The travel and accommodation expenditure of international experts/organizations (ECOSF, UNESCO, FEIAP, PEC, ISTIC) will be managed/taken care of by ECOSF.
- The academy will constitute a local organizing committee comprising of the officials from the Academy and NTU to manage all the local arrangements in coordination with ECOSF.
- It was mutually agreed that a national workshop on Inquiry Based Science Education (IBSE) will be organized in Tajikistan tentatively in the month of April 2017 whereby local arrangements of Tajikistan participants will be managed by the Academy and expenditure of foreign trainers (LAMAP) will be managed by ECOSF. In this regard, Prof. Parvonakhon Jamshedov was declared Focal Point for (IBSE).
- Professor Parvonakhon Jamshedov was appointed as responsible person coordinator for providing correspondence with IAP Science Education Programme.
H.E Mr. Rahimi assured President ECOSF of his full cooperation and consideration. He also shared that ASRT is planning to organize a meeting of all science academies of Central Asia and Russian Federation. Dr. Soomro supported the idea and suggested that the academies of all ECO Region should also be invited for network of academies of sciences of ECO and CIS countries under the patronage of ECOSF.