AAAS Award for Science Diplomacy
The AAAS Science Diplomacy Award recognizes an individual or a limited number of individuals working together in the scientific and engineering or foreign affairs communities making an outstanding contribution to furthering science diplomacy. The Award is presented each year at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
Winners of the AAAS Science Diplomacy Award receive:
- Monetary prize of $5,000
- Commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration for the AAAS Annual Meeting
- Reimbursement for reasonable travel and hotel expenses to attend the AAAS Annual Meeting
- Chance to publish in Science & Diplomacy about his or her achievements.
Nominations can be submitted using the Award online form or sent via postal mail or email to email@example.com, provided that all required documentation is in order. (Note: Group/team nominations should be sent via email or postal mail).
Required documentation includes:
- Nominator's name and contact information (including email, address, and phone number)
- Nominee's name and title, institutional affiliation, and contact information (email, address, and phone number)
- A summary of the accomplishment(s) that form the basis for the nomination (about 250 words)
- A longer statement (not to exceed three pages) providing addtional details of the accomplishment(s) for which the individual/group is nominated
- A CV (three-page maximum) for the nominee
- One letter of support (for self-nominations we request two letters, which should be emailed separately by the letter writer)
- Optional: Documentation (books, articles, or other materials) that illuminates the significance of the nominee's achievement may also be submitted.
Nominations open on May 15, 2017, and all nomination materials must be received by August 17, 2017
AAAS Center for Science Diplomacy | 1200 New York Ave. NW | Washington, D.C. 20005 | United States
Read More: https://www.aaas.org/page/aaas-award-science-diplomacy
* Disclaimer: Please note that not all text may be translated accurately and there may be some inconsistency. ECO Science Foundation is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate translations. Foundation will not be held responsible for any damage or issues that may result from using Google Translate.
ECO Science Foundation © All rights reserved.